Welcome to the COVID-19 surveillance team!
"I firmly believe that the relationship we have with our clients goes well beyond that of simply providing a service; we are partners in their success."
Chapell Miller - Customer Success Associate
Monitoring of COVID-19 virus on surfaces in senior living communities can help identify when and where COVID-19 is present in a facility. The Surface Check Kit allows you to surveil your community to catch COVID-19 outbreaks up to a week before the first symptoms appear.
Why do other communities use Surface testing?
- To confirm cleaning and disinfecting protocols are sufficient
- To identify new infections early
What is the COVID-19 Surface check kit?
Your leadership team is taking steps to keep your community safe. You will receive a welcome packet with the very first Surface Check kit.
The surface Check kit is a rapid, easy to use surface test kit that detects the virus responsible for the COVID-19 disease (SARS-CoV-2). You are receiving this kit because a leadership member at your company is taking steps to ensure that your community is safe from COVID-19.
How does it work?
Enviral Tech will send your facility 2-4 test kits a week, depending on what testing regime has been selected for your facility. You will receive each kit the week prior to your sampling date. You should only use 2 kits per sampling day. For example, if you receive 4 kits on Thursday, you should schedule 2 sampling days between Monday and Thursday the following week.
What do I need to do?
- Select 2-4 high-touch surfaces that you will test regularly.
- Swab and fill-in the Surface information card (don't forget to write down your contact information!)
- Be ready: A FedEx pick-up has been scheduled to pick up your samples on either Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays. Included is a reminder card that specifies when your test kits will be picked up by FedEx. Place it in evidence. We also suggest that you schedule your sampling as a recurring event on your calendar.